market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] well storage tank?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Bill Bradshaw" <billbradshaw AT hughes.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] well storage tank?
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 16:32:04 -0500

Our well is used with no tank at all. We turn on the pump, and pump into the main line into the layflat. Well cap. is 50 GPM. Each zone area uses 40 GPM. To control the pressure on the drip line we have a gate valve on the lay flat. After the drip lines are charged the valve is pinched down to control the pressure. The pump holds the back pressure. Backpressure will not hurt the pump. Matter of fact, in using a pump what you pay for in power use is volume. Volume = more amps pressure = less amps. Bill