market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] winter weather

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Home Grown Kansas! <hgkansas AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: farmersue AT hughes.net, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] winter weather
  • Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 05:46:06 -0800 (PST)

Sue - So much for global warming.  We have had a long cold spell here in Kansas with lots of snow.  I just heard on the radio yesterday that there has been enough moisture to alleviate the drought conditions that parts of our state had been experiencing so for them it has been a great winter.  We're anxiously awaiting some warmer days here.  Pat, homegrownkansas

Sue Wells <farmersue AT hughes.net> wrote:
I have been wondering about the starving cattle in Colorado, and surrounding
areas that had so much news coverage, I haven't heard anything lately, were
a lot lost? I also wondered why help was not available sooner.
How is everyone's winter? Has there been too much ice damage? I am not sure
if anyone is having a mild winter anymore. It is pretty cold uphere in
Vermont.
Sue Wells