market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] winter weather

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Errol Castens" <castens AT nepower.coop>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] winter weather
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 09:11:03 -0600 (CST)

Speaking of bad winters, we've had snowfall three different times here in
North Mississippi. Once we could actually see it on the ground -- almost
half an inch.

When I was a kid in Central Mississippi we got 2-4 inches of snow about
once every three years; once we got six inches! I moved 135 miles north 16
years ago, and we haven't had but one or two 2-inch snows since. Terrible
ice storm once and two inches of sleet another time, but never enough snow
to do more than mess up traffic.

I'm sure people in the Midwest and Northeast feel sorry for us...

Errol Castens
Oxford, Mississippi
Zone 7 officially (but it hasn't been below 10 degrees in several years)