market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Peat Pots for Transplanting and Parsnips

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Peat Pots for Transplanting and Parsnips
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 16:35:53 -0500

On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 11:47:09 -0500, you wrote:

>I can't get any root crop to transplant well - sprinkle and then thin if
>necessary seems to work the best. Also, planting in late July seems to give
>great fall crops (usually better than Spring for everything except carrots
>which can really dry out) which unfortunately, does not help for parsnips.

Beets have transplanted well for me - transplanted when
quite young. Carrots: nope, no good. I haven't tried
transplanting other root crops.

Pat

-- Northern Pennsylvania
"The people can always be brought to the bidding of their
leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they
are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack
of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works
the same in any country." Hermann Goering, Nuremberg Trials