market-farming - [Market-farming] Peat Pots for Transplanting

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tom at Limerock" <limerock AT thirdplanet.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Peat Pots for Transplanting
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 11:24:04 -0500

We used to tear off the bottoms when planting, but then were told that cukes & zukes do not like having the root system messed with, and planted them without tearing the bottoms.  Cannot recall if either way made a difference.

Seems that the thing to do would be to do a side-by-side trial each way (including some from plastic), which we have never done.

My only other guess is to make sure they get plenty of water at planting, as well as the following week or so.

Tom
Limerock Orchards and Roadside Market
Catawba Island, OH