market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Peat Pots for Transplanting

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Peat Pots for Transplanting
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 11:08:31 -0500

There are deeper cell packs made for starting trees and the like. Thinking about it, they probably would work better for root vegetables, especially if transplanting was early.

On peat pots: for years now I've started all of our melons and watermelons in the larger peat pots. I have never identified a problem with the pots and when I pull the dead vines, I often find intact pots with nice root systems grown right thorugh the walls of the pots.

I use them. Will continue to use them. My only complaint is that they are not FREE!

-Allan