market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Clearing out poison ivy

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Dawn M. Ripley" <ripley AT iglou.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Clearing out poison ivy
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 22:07:23 -0400

Ah.  Makes sense, if I'd only thought through it.  ;>)

Thanks, guys!  I'll give it a try.

Dawn

At 12:19 PM 8/31/2005 -0400, you wrote:
Dawn,
       We were using vinegar on poison ivy on our fence lines. I can't really say how it would effect soil conditions in garden beds, but you only use the vinegar to burn down top growth by coating the foliage of the leaves rather than soaking the soil.

John & Aimee Good
Charlestown Cooperative Farm