market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Clearing out poison ivy

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Goodaim AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Clearing out poison ivy
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:23:39 EDT

Dorene,
       We have used horticultural vinegar on poison ivy with good results. You need to spray early in the day on a hot and sunny day as the sunshine will really help the vinegar burn the weeds. This will burn back the poison ivy tops temporarily, but be prepared to repeat the applications as the poison comes back. Subsequent spraying works best when the plants are young. Then you don't have to use as much vinegar to do the job. We bought some at www.bradfieldind.com for a reasonable price.

John & Aimee Good
Charlestown Cooperative Farm