market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Certify with the FSA

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Bill Bradshaw <billbradshaw AT direcway.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Certify with the FSA
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 07:59:19 -0500

Pat, in Texas, my area anyway. If you have no production history (like just starting out with FSA) and a loss accrues the production will be based on the state average. But if you have a (say five year history of your own) and you are a good farmer the production loss will be based on your own history. Reward for being a good farmer. I think this is better than being lumped in with the whole state. Unless you are a bad farmer. You are right about FSA not knowing about cretin crops If you are in an area where hay , soy bean  or cotton are grown they are not going to know much about carrots. TexasBill