market-farming - [Market-farming] Certify with the FSA

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: SaladG AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Certify with the FSA
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 23:19:01 EDT

Has any of you on the list been required to certify your garden acres with the FSA office.  This was a new one to me this year, and had to break down each crop to it portions of an acre.  Their computers will not take less than a .10 of an acre so it was a little difficult to get everything divided up right but they seemed happy about the results.

New rules went in effect here in western Iowa this year on the federal crop Insurance and this is part of the results.  Oh Joy.  Haven't had to deal with these people for over ten years and here we go again.

Phil