market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Certify with the FSA

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Certify with the FSA
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 08:07:40 -0500

Hi Phil,

So now that you’re registered with FSA, what is going to change?  Does this mean you can get crop insurance on your vegetables?  Are they going to have lettuce subsidies?  What’s the deal?

When we bought this farm about 11 years ago, we stopped registering anything with FSA.  Any time we went to them for help (like our neighbors do) they didn’t have any program to fit.  The only things we’ve gained from them are a few copies of the aerial photos of our farm.

Marie in Misssouri

-

Has any of you on the list been required to certify your garden acres with the FSA office.