market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Certify with the FSA

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: SaladG AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Certify with the FSA
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 22:47:00 EDT

In a message dated 6/17/05 8:08:13 AM Central Daylight Time, kampy AT grm.net writes:

What’s the deal?

I had to certify before they would OK the certification of our tenants that farm the rest of the farm .  If I didn't give them what they wanted then they would hold up all the paperwork for our tenants which in turn would really screw them up with all the fams they farm, not sure how many farms involved but somewhere around 8000 acres wolud be involved.  I'm pulling our farm ground out of that old farm number and they will give me a new farm number after this crop year is over.   Just another hoop to jump through for them. Geeeeeee.

Phil