market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Tissue Culture lab zoning

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Tissue Culture lab zoning
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 19:37:53 -0500

Jack during the winter I propagate licensed plant material that I sell as
prefinished plants to other growers, then switch to market vegetable farming
the rest of the year. What I grow is not tissue culture but rooting cuttings
from stock plants, so I can't comment on that aspect of business. I am zoned
as a farm/nursery. I don't understand what you mean by hazmat unless you are
talking about having a private pesticide certification. Everyone growing
plants and food for market must have a pesticide certification its just
routine part of doing business... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.