market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Tissue Culture lab zoning

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Tissue Culture lab zoning
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 20:15:41 -0500

Allan, its a federal law established back in 1972 called FIFRA. It requires
all states to set up a pesticide certification program to insure the safe use
and handling of pesticides by farmers landscapers exterminators and anyone
who used pesticides commercially except the general public. I guess you must
be of the GP persuasion.
In NJ all farmers including organic farmers whether they farm a 10x10 garden
or thousands of acres must be certified. Certification lasts for 5 years and
then you must be recertified. I have been involved with the program since
1977 its not hard to get and for farmers its cost free... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.