market-farming - Re: Fencing the market garden

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jim and Julie Vaughn <jjvaughn AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Fencing the market garden
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 07:18:44 -0600

Allen,

If you want to stay with electric fences, you may want to look at the
electric netting products. They are great on goats and are easy to take
down to "make" a gate. We use a 4 wire fence where the boundaries are
semipermanent and netting on the side of the garden that we are
expanding. There are several options available- ours is from Premier.
To weed it, just mow beside of it and move the fence to the mowed portion
and then go back to the other side on the next mowing. It would not be
deer proof- we count on our Pyrenees dogs for that.

Rocky Glade Farm
Jim & Julie Vaughn
Eagleville, TN
615-274-3496