market-farming - Re: Fencing the market garden

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Leigh <lh AT pressroom.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Fencing the market garden
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 10:47:34 -0500

Yes, I don't remember which of the two they recommend for goats I use. It works though. Even though you would think a goat would jump it, they are quickly educated -unlike the deer.

And I would also like to put a plug in for their chicken netting. We have a real predator problem. But since using the chicken netting I haven't lost a one, and the chickens that once would fly over every fence, don't (though that took several months of contact with the electric fence before they came to the conclusion that it was better not to risk flying into it).