market-farming - Re: advertising

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz Pike" <liz AT marketfarming.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: advertising
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 23:54:08 -0400

Jay Gee, your past few emails have irked me to say the least.

After re-reading them, I realized it's because advertising reminds me
(chagrin) of the business side of farming (eeee, just saying "business"
gives me the willies), not to mention images of plaid-wearing, used car
salesman yelling out from the tv. Just leave me in my dirt, and I'll be
happy. I don't wanna be Harry & David or Orville. I don't want to be a
corporation or big business. But I do know we market farmers can't hide our
products in the sand. I think a better word to use, our KEY word, the one
we use more frequently in our niche industry & here on this list, is
marketing. Some day I may read your book recommendations--we'll need to
promote our on-farm stand, as I do not want to go off the farm, to do
another farmer's market where we must deal with people-vendor-city politics.

Liz Pike
Laughing Brook Farm
Westfield NC
http://www.laughingbrookfarm.com/