market-farming - Re: Advertising the Farmers' Market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Brian and Jacqueline Potzkai" <potzkai AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Advertising the Farmers' Market
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 18:23:28 -0700

From: "Jeffery Blake" <echoecho AT bedford.heartland.net>

I think most people will come
because they drove by the market--or heard about it from a neighbor, or
sought out a market on their own.

In our city and neighbouring cities (up to 4 hours away) we have noticed and heard that the farmer's market is quite a social event that people go to. We have bands, concession, vendors (no resale), etc. We also have event days that the vendors will sometimes dress up for and decorate their stands for. It is great community fun, and very profitable for the farmers and crafters. What I'm getting at is that people are going because they know they can expect some clean fun, and buy good quality food and unique gifts. We don't see too many people leaving empty handed. Jacqueline