market-farming - Re: market-farming Clarification

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Dori Green" <dorigreen00 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: market-farming Clarification
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 11:39:25 EST

1. I do know that many Extension agents put in many extra hours, paid and unpaid, and did not mean to imply that they don't -- just that comp time might be offered to them so that conferences such as this can be scheduled on weekends.

2. I also never meant to imply that farmers who work only on the farm are not working farmers! Should have referred to this "new majority" as "off-the-farm-working" farmers.

3. Democracy is not always easy. If I really believe in it, though, I guess I have to be willing to die even for Dennis Avery to express his opinion. What a concept, gnarf! I really would like to listen to a dialogue between him and people who are at least equally credentialled and respected, and it could be a wonderfully challenging prospect to seek and find common ground even with someone with whom I can't see any common ground within sight right now. Now, wouldn't that be something -- if everybody discovered their common ground. I can't help but think the planet would benefit in huge ways if that happened.

Dori Green
Ash Grove Community Farm & Center for Sustainable Living
Corning, NY

http://www.ic.org/agrove/index.htm