market-farming - Re: market-farming Clarification

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marie Kamphefner <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: market-farming Clarification
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 12:20:02 -0600

Hi Dori,

I was so impressed with your comment about democracy and Dennis Avery. Personally, all I could think of was that I would like to shove his pesticides and plastic down his throat and see how he likes that. But, I am menopausal and cranky and have zero tolerance for people who don't agree with me. And I don't think it's going to get any better, unfortunately. Thank God for people like you who can keep their wits about them and try to solve the problems instead of flying off the handle. People like me probably should keep our mouths closed, eh?

I am working on my Strawberry Lane Farm brochure to solicit customers to deliver produce to next year. I am down to making the form where they sign up and where it tells how much it costs. I was looking at your website to see how you did that, but I couldn't find anything like that. I received a few brochures last year from CSA's but I can't find them - I put them where they wouldn't get lost. I even bought that book that tells about CSA's but you guessed it, can't find it either. The brochures are probably tucked in the pages of the book. Yet another bane of time marching on. I wonder what CSA's are charging for shares for 2001. Does anyone have any comments for me? Meanwhile I will be scouring the websites.

Marie in Missouri