internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] looking for LASIK experiences

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tarus Balog <tarus AT opennms.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] looking for LASIK experiences
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 23:54:03 -0400

On Oct 13, 2010, at 10:14 PM, Esther Lumsdon wrote:

> I am thinking about LASIK procedure. Currently, the surgeon can edit
> the cornea to basically do a bifocal correction.

I thought about this awhile ago, but decided against it. One of the things
that convinced me was Congressional testimony from an ex-CFO of the Duke Eye
Center (available on Youtube) about how LASIK ruined his life. The nail in
the coffin was a guy who posted the question can you name another medical
procedure that has spawned so many hate sites like lasiksucks.com, etc. I
couldn't.

That said, I know a few people who have had it and like the results, although
several of them had to have a second operation.

-T

Tarus Balog, OpenNMS Maintainer Main: +1 919 533 0160
The OpenNMS Group, Inc. Fax: +1 773 345 3645
Email: tarus AT opennms.org URL: http://www.opennms.org
PGP Key Fingerprint: 8945 8521 9771 FEC9 5481 512B FECA 11D2 FD82 B45C