internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] RFP for free wifi network, downtown Raleigh

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Greg Brown <gwbrown1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] RFP for free wifi network, downtown Raleigh
  • Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 12:49:30 -0500

I'm in.

God knows I've done high-powered public Wi-Fi complete with IPv6 goodness.

Greg

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 10:39 AM, Mark Turner <jmarkturner AT gmail.com> wrote:
Awesome!

I suggest we local geeks put together a non-profit expressly to run this
network for the city. We've got so much networking talent here we could
handle this easily. If it works out, we could possibly get the airport
onboard with free wireless!

Who's with me?!?

Mark

burnett AT pobox.com wrote:
> Noted from yesterday's news feed on http://www.raleighnc.gov/ :
>
> "The City of Raleigh Information Technology Department has issued a
> request-for-proposals for the design and installation of a WiFi network in
> Downtown Raleigh.
---
Come and play at the InterNetWorkers Web site!  http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/