internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] RFP for free wifi network, downtown Raleigh

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Greg Brown <gwbrown1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] RFP for free wifi network, downtown Raleigh
  • Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 13:54:22 -0500

Oh no..... you can pay astronomical salaries but you can't keep a profit.

(yes it's more legally complicated than that but you get the idea)

Best part of a non-profit is you can declare any 'profit' from maintenance (after salaries) pays for spares, upgrades, amps, whatever.  Companies like to hear that portions of maintenance they pay go towards actual upgrades.

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 1:51 PM, Shawn Hartsock <hartsock AT acm.org> wrote:
Woah, woah, woah...
  what part of non-profit do you not understand?

--
/** Shawn.Hartsock http://hartsock.blogspot.com/  //*/
---