internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] RFP for free wifi network, downtown Raleigh

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] RFP for free wifi network, downtown Raleigh
  • Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 12:41:02 -0500

Mark Turner wrote:
I suggest we local geeks put together a non-profit expressly to run this network for the city. We've got so much networking talent here we could handle this easily. If it works out, we could possibly get the airport onboard with free wireless!

This is a great idea, the talent pool is certainly up to the task. Has anyone requested the RFP?

Why a non-profit?

Thomas

Thomas A. Beckett, JD & MBA Business Law and Consulting
828-713-1668 Hendersonville & Asheville, North Carolina
Law Offices of Thomas A. Beckett, PLLC <http://www.tbeckett.com>