internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] RFP for free wifi network, downtown Raleigh

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Mark Turner <jmarkturner AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] RFP for free wifi network, downtown Raleigh
  • Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 10:39:21 -0500

Awesome!

I suggest we local geeks put together a non-profit expressly to run this network for the city. We've got so much networking talent here we could handle this easily. If it works out, we could possibly get the airport onboard with free wireless!

Who's with me?!?

Mark

burnett AT pobox.com wrote:
Noted from yesterday's news feed on http://www.raleighnc.gov/ :

"The City of Raleigh Information Technology Department has issued a request-for-proposals for the design and installation of a WiFi network in Downtown Raleigh.