internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] "Winweb Security" A Virus?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: <cmccarthy1 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: cmccarthy1 AT nc.rr.com, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] "Winweb Security" A Virus?
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 13:43:54 -0500

Hi Folks,

I'd never (never) had a virus on any of my home machines until last week,
now I think that I may have a few.

winlogon.exe can be the true Windows executable, or it can be a virus. Have
any of you XP users downloaded SP3? If so, did you see a DOS window after
the installation and reboot that was up and down pretty quickly that had
winlongon.exe in it? I think that I might have seen this because the
virus/malware was replacing the real winlogon.exe with the viral
winlogon.exe...

Thanks again!

Colleen