internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Tarheel Q in Lexington Recommendations

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Tarheel Q in Lexington Recommendations
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 20:19:04 -0500

on Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 01:56:46PM -0500, Roger Austin wrote:
> Vegetarians can stop reading now.

I may be biased, and heaven knows I'm no expert, but I'm particularly
fond of Carter Brothers in High Point.

http://www.carterbrothersbbq.com/

Bear in mind that if bloody images of Jesus Christ put you off your
food, and Biblical quotations on your sweetea make you slightly uneasy,
both are also signs of Good BBQ. And this is Good BBQ. Not as smoky
as Allen and Sons, but excellent nonetheless. Seat yourself so you're
facing away from the giant crucified Christ figure on the wall near
the registers. (My understanding is that they are by all accounts the
sorts who feed the poor during the holidays, etc.)

But the best pies in NC are to be found in Creedmoor, at Bob's BBQ.
And I will be happy to hear of better, because IMHO there is nothing
on Earth that will set you free quite like the chess pie at Bob's.

--
hesketh.com/inc. v: +1(919)834-2552 f: +1(919)834-2553 w: http://hesketh.com/
antispam news, solutions for sendmail, exim, postfix: http://enemieslist.com/