internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] "Winweb Security" A Virus?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Judy Hallman <hallman AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] "Winweb Security" A Virus?
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 17:40:33 -0500

Just another example of why I love this list! Good people helping each other!

Judy
----
burnett AT pobox.com wrote:
On Fri, 12 Dec 2008, Colleen McCarthy wrote:

In the last few days I've had an application that I've never seen before,
"Winweb Security" tell me that I've got several infections. I can't find
the application in Add/Remove programs, it does not show up in Control
Panel/Administrative Tools/Services, and when I rollover its icon in the
tray, it does not identify itself.

Do any of you know anything about "Winweb Security"?

I run Norton-- shouldn't it have caught this if it is a virus?

This is showing up on my primary machine, which is so dysfunctional now that
I can't do anything with it. I have a second machine on the network, and
don't want it to spread to that machine (the one that I'm sending this email
from :)

Thanks for any help that anyone can provide!

Colleen

Google is your friend.

http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-winweb-security-2008.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/malware-removal/remove-winweb-security