internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Replacement Cell Phone Battery Sources

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Roger Austin <raustin3 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Replacement Cell Phone Battery Sources
  • Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 18:57:33 -0500

Brian Henning wrote:
Five or six years is a long lifespan for a lithium-ion battery (which most
cell phones these days use) in active duty (on a 3-5 day charge/discharge
cycle). I think I remember reading somewhere that a more typical useful
lifespan for a Li-ion is about 3 years.

Five or six years is an even longer lifespan for a single phone. Many major
carriers offer some sort of trade-up bargain after some period of time
(Verizon, for example, allows you to get a bargain on a new phone every two
years on certain plans). By today's market standards, your battery should
outlast your phone.

With that said, I recommend Batteries Plus. They are scattered about the
Triangle, tend to have seemingly knowledgeable staff and average prices, and
have batteries for darn near everything. Definitely will have something for
any popular model of cellular phone.

Thanks for the idea. I had googled around to get some ideas, but
I figured this group would have been through it before.
I was amused that a lifespan for a phone would be five or six
years. We have rotary dial phones that my sweetheart wants to put
back in service. It was a major accomplishment to get her to
accept my push button phones when we moved. Now, we even have those
fancy phones where they don't have wires on the handsets.
She took to the cell phone since I got it mostly for safety since
she was driving a twenty year old Chevy. I don't understand why a
cell phone would wear out though.
Thanks, Roger
--
Visit http://www.misshunt.com/ for fun and creative items including
the famous Clean/Dirty dishwasher magnet, now available in velcro.