internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Replacement Cell Phone Battery Sources

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Brian Henning" <lugmail AT cheetah.dynip.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Replacement Cell Phone Battery Sources
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 21:24:16 -0500

Five or six years is a long lifespan for a lithium-ion battery (which most
cell phones these days use) in active duty (on a 3-5 day charge/discharge
cycle). I think I remember reading somewhere that a more typical useful
lifespan for a Li-ion is about 3 years.

Five or six years is an even longer lifespan for a single phone. Many major
carriers offer some sort of trade-up bargain after some period of time
(Verizon, for example, allows you to get a bargain on a new phone every two
years on certain plans). By today's market standards, your battery should
outlast your phone.

With that said, I recommend Batteries Plus. They are scattered about the
Triangle, tend to have seemingly knowledgeable staff and average prices, and
have batteries for darn near everything. Definitely will have something for
any popular model of cellular phone.

Cheers,
~Brian