internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Canister Vacuum

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Scott Boggs" <scott AT scottboggsdesign.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Canister Vacuum
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 13:42:45 -0400

I bought this Kenmore model last Christmas and think it's great. It has some design elements that are highly usable, i.e. retractable cord, easy to take things apart, easy to remove/add the vacuum bag. Apparently all canister vac.s can have better suction and have better sound insulation than upright vacuums. It does great on hardwood floors using the 8 or 10" floor attachment that comes with it.

There are 1 or 2 models *above* this in their line, but, if I recall, they just had some non-essential electronics--maybe a touch pad rather than an on/off switch--which seemed like they would break before the motor would.

I can't vouch for durability yet though.

Regards,
Scott