internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Netflix vs Blockbuster

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Evan Zimmerman" <evan.zimmerman AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Netflix vs Blockbuster
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 08:56:42 -0500

Netflix is fun, I've been a happy renter for ~2years...

They DO throttle sometimes, but you'll only notice it in my experience
if a) you're renting nothing but new releases (some will start to
appear with a wait) or b) you're returning them so quickly that you're
maxing the delivery rate.

If that happens, you can always rent a few non-new flicks... those
don't tend to get throttled. It's not a matter of them not delivering
anything, just that they slow delivery of the most popular films on
you.

That said, I'm still a happy camper and wouldn't switch to
blockbuster. Selection is pretty great and you can sign up for the
'new releases this week' newsfeed to snag neat new movies you might
never have heard of or add new releases to your queue to get first
dibs.

http://rss.netflix.com/NewReleasesRSS