internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Netflix vs Blockbuster

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Greg Brown" <gwbrown1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Netflix vs Blockbuster
  • Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 14:58:48 -0500

I'd second Netflix, in fact I am going to start an account very soon.  The reason is, much like you, I like what most people would consider to be odd movies: documentaries, some foreign films, other films like Never Cry Wolf,  The Devil's Backbone, things like that and Netflix has a much greater selection.

Just browse and search the selection:

http://www.netflix.com/BrowseSelection?lnkctr=nmhbs

Just look at the documentary section:

Documentary
Netflix carries over 3,800 Documentary DVDs

Oh yeah.. that'll keep me busy for years.

Greg

On 3/2/06, david cherryholmes <david.cherryholmes AT gmail.com> wrote:
On 3/2/06, Colleen McCarthy <cmccarthy1 AT nc.rr.com> wrote:

> Having lived at North America Video for the last few years (they have the
> best selection of documentaries, foreign films, and art films of any retail
> video rental store I've found), friends have now convinced me to try either
> Netflix or Blockbuster (BB online).
>
> Do any of you have opinions on:
>
> Selection of DVDs, particularly with respect to documentaries, foreign
> films, and art films?
> Customer service?

Not funneling money to the Christian Coalition counts as "customer
service" right?  Right??

I'd go with netflix.

--
David Cherryholmes