internetworkers - [internetworkers] Netflix vs Blockbuster

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Colleen McCarthy" <cmccarthy1 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers@Lists. Ibiblio. Org (E-mail)" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Netflix vs Blockbuster
  • Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 14:41:19 -0500

Hi Folks,

Having lived at North America Video for the last few years (they have the
best selection of documentaries, foreign films, and art films of any retail
video rental store I've found), friends have now convinced me to try either
Netflix or Blockbuster (BB online).

Do any of you have opinions on:

Selection of DVDs, particularly with respect to documentaries, foreign
films, and art films?
Customer service?

I've heard the NPR story on NF giving better service to infrequent renters
than to frequent renters. Have any of you experienced this? I also don't
necessarily think of BB when I think of gripping films-- "Enron: The
Smartest Guys in the Room", "Born in Brothels", "Sometimes in April". Maybe
I'm just ignorant...

Any information that you could provide would be appreciated!

Thank much!

Colleen

P.S.,Hey Jason, thanks for screening "Das Boot"! I can still feel the
humidity, the closeness, the fear.

Colleen McCarthy, BSEE, BSMT, MBA, PMP
Sr. Project Manager
Brightline Compliance
Product Development & Technical Operations
2530 Meridian Parkway, Suite 300
Durham, North Carolina, 27713
(919) 806-4217
http://www.brightlinecompliance.com