internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Voting experiences

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Sil Greene" <quack AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Voting experiences
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 12:01:38 -0500 (EST)

I voted at the Bethesda Ruritan Club on Miami in Durham around 9:30 this
morning. There was no wait; I was the only one in line to get my little
sheet and ballot, though most of the polling stations were occupied. I
didn't notice the counter on the ballot-eating machine (if I'd known I'd
have looked for it). Filling out the ballot took longer than the rest of
the process, including driving and parking time. Indeed, everyone there
seemed cheerful. I didn't think to ask about the crowds earlier in the
morning.

There was a little boy running around in circles softly chanting "vote for
Kerry" as his parent(s) filled out their ballots ... I was briefly tempted
to notify him that campaigning in the polling place was illegal, but
decided against it.

--Sil