internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Voting experiences

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tanner Lovelace <clubjuggler AT gmail.com>
  • To: "U. Jason Gloege Jr." <ujgloege AT gmail.com>, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Voting experiences
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 11:40:36 -0500

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 11:35:33 -0500, U. Jason Gloege Jr.
<ujgloege AT gmail.com> wrote:
> I voted at Triangle Presbyterian Church in Durham.

Ah, so that's why my son didn't have preschool today. :-)

> Got to the polling
> place at 6:45 a.m. to find a decently long line, in which I waited for
> probably 30-35 minutes before getting into the building. Inside, they
> were taking folks in bunches of probably 40 people at a time, and were
> chewing through the certification lines pretty quickly. I got lucky
> in that there were only 5 people in the F-L [or whatever it was... it
> contained G] line, and then the serpentine line to actually get my
> ballot took another 20 minutes. All told, I think I was there for
> about 75 minutes, and that was pretty good. Apparently folks has
> begun lining up at about 5:30-5:45 for the opening at 6:30. By the
> time I walked out the door just before 8, there had already been ~200
> ballots cast, according to the scanner/ballot acceptor doohickey.

Wow. Stories like this make me glad that I voted early, even though I had
to wait 3.5 hours to do it on Saturday. We really should make the national
election a holiday. My work offered everyone only one hour off to go vote
so if I had to take 1.5 or 2 hours (or whatever) I'd be on my own.

Cheers,
Tanner