internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Voting experiences

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "U. Jason Gloege Jr." <ujgloege AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Voting experiences
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 12:36:48 -0500

In my experience [what I heard the polling lady say, what I saw today,
and things I've heard coworkers say] very few people had IDs checked,
and that few folks had their Voter Reg. cards, either. Apparently
they have to have you state your name and address, and then you're
given the form to sign and get your ballot. Strikes me as insecure in
the extreme, but that seems to be the way it is. Hell, if I knew
someone's name and county, I could get their address.

oy.