internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] can your skills compete?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David Minton <dminton AT mindspring.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Dan Smith <anilorac AT nc.rr.com>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] can your skills compete?
  • Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 15:03:10 -0400

On 9/3/02 2:28 PM, "Dan Smith" <anilorac AT nc.rr.com> wrote:

>> Ok, Matusiak endorses the format, but my professional recommendation would
>> be
>> to at least list experience in reverse chronology, and please avoid use of
>> "I".
>>
>> Reed is AMAZING! Someone will probably hire the fellow for only a single
>> entry:
>> " I was a driver at President TRUMAN's funeral in Independence, MO, where I
>> first met President JOHNSON, and SAW President NIXON. Later I was also to
>> meet
>> Presidents REAGAN, CARTER, and just this month President BUSH in Austin,
>> TX.
>> was just feet away from President NIXON when he resigned (I was goofing off
>> on
>> the front lawn), and I was in the same room the next day, the EAST ROOM,
>> where
>> President FORD took his historical Oath of Office, but one hour later,
>> afterwards. I was all alone with just my wife Gerrie, and daughter Liza
>> Kimpr'
>> REED. But that is pretty close. Closer than most people in all time will
>> ever
>> know. I take charge of my dreams and make them happen as opposed to just
>> being
>> hung up with and on them for a lifetime. Everything that ever happened in
>> this
>> life, all BEGAN with a simple thought.....COMMUNICATIONS. The end is not
>> yet.
>> Let's see what we can get OUT of once we get INTO it. "
>
> Of course, he forgot to mention Kennedy, and I personally did not know
> before
> today that Johnson and Nixon were President concurrent to Truman. WOW, I
> feel
> like I learned something!

Truman died in 1972 during the Nixon administration. JFK was dead (1963), so
it would have been unlikely for the guy to have met or even seen that
particular former president him at the funeral. In case you are wondering,
Eisenhower died in 1969, so he was probably not in attendance either (except
maybe in spirit, but that is another can-of-worms).

Harry S Truman (1945-53)
Dwight D. Eisenhower (1953-61)
John F. Kennedy (1961-63)
Lyndon B. Johnson (1963-69)
Richard M. Nixon (1969-74)

You have to at least give the guy credit for his research.

David
-----
<No fancy signature>