internetworkers - Re: Web Page Design Tool Concept

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Michael Czeiszperger" <czei AT webperformanceinc.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Web Page Design Tool Concept
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 00:22:08 -0000

Thank you to everyone who volunteered implementation ideas-- they
were very interesting :-) I've already got modem simulation code in my
current product line, so implementation isn't an issue. What I'm trying to
do is leverage my existing code base and produce "web performance"
related products for everyone on a development team. In this case, I've
had some requests from web designers for a tool that slows down your
browser so that you get the same throughput as a 56K modem, DSL
line, etc, even though you're developing your own site on a LAN.

The issue isn't how to do it, since its already implemented. The issue I
need feedback on, is a product aimed at helping web designers
measure and increase web site performance something only a half
dozen people in the world would want, or is this something many web
developers couldn't live without?

--
Michael Czeiszperger
Web Performance Inc.