internetworkers - Re: Web Page Design Tool Concept

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Jason Laughlin <employ AT jasonlaughlin.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Web Page Design Tool Concept
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 16:37:38 -0400

If you do your interfaces in Adobe Photoshop, then slice and optimize in
Adobe Image Ready,
Image Ready will provide size and download times for each image slice as well
as the
total. I'm not sure if the download times take into account it's own
generated code/layout
or just the images. It has the added advantage of showing you optimized vs.
non-optimized
images and even lets you visually compare up to 4 levels of optimization
simultaneously.

downside, of course, is cost.

Jason