internetworkers - Re: need help: mac files need to be opened by pc user

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David Demers <david AT designNation.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: need help: mac files need to be opened by pc user
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 09:46:05 -0500

for a while, pc people could not read my mac word documents simply because i had not added the ".doc" extension to the files. as far as compressing, i use dropstuff (http://www.aladdinsys.com/dropstuff/index.html), which works great in conjunction with stuffit expander.

Hi Everyone:

I need help. My best friend has a new iMac and needs to send word docs to people who have PCs.

The PC people are having trouble opening her iMac word documents on their PCs. She did use Stuff-it to compress her word docs. But what utility can she use on a iMac that the PC users can easily use and see her word docs?

She is not computer savvy, and I am a PC person, not a MAC person, so I could not help her.

Thanks to all who can help with this issue. Post to the list or post to me (and I will compile summary)

Thanks in advance

Saundra

You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as: david AT designNation.com

;) david demers
design nation, inc.
po box 1407
cary, nc 27512