internetworkers - need help: mac files need to be opened by pc user

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "saundrakaerubel.com" <saundrakae AT saundrakaerubel.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Cc: naglergirl AT aol.com
  • Subject: need help: mac files need to be opened by pc user
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 22:15:35 -0500

Hi Everyone:

I need help. My best friend has a new iMac and needs to send word docs to people who have PCs.

The PC people are having trouble opening her iMac word documents on their PCs. She did use Stuff-it to compress her word docs. But what utility can she use on a iMac that the PC users can easily use and see her word docs?

She is not computer savvy, and I am a PC person, not a MAC person, so I could not help her.

Thanks to all who can help with this issue. Post to the list or post to me (and I will compile summary)

Thanks in advance

Saundra