internetworkers - Re: Information as Commodity

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Information as Commodity
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 09:42:02 -0500

on Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 01:08:43AM -0500, B wrote:
> If we have to pay to view and pay to link, we'll lose the capability to
> create / visit gems like http://www.bushneverwonflorida.com/ and that
> would be a cryin' shame.

Isn't the whole "pay to view and/or link" thing pretty much unenforceable,
anyway? You'd see mass civic disobedience on the scale of pre-independence
India, IMHO.

Steve,
not worried

--
tired of being an underappreciated functionary in a soulless machine?
hesketh.com is hiring: http://www.hesketh.com/careers/