homestead - Re: [Homestead] Grits-Polenta, OMG I am confused!<g>

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Grits-Polenta, OMG I am confused!<g>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 10:37:06 -0700

O.K., I don't want to upset any Southerners on the list, . . . but . . . I felt like gumbo the other night and didn't have any Andouille sausage. I did have some smoked Italian chicken sausage. Tossed that in with some chicken and ham. Made a butterscotch roux, not a dark roux, and served it over some fried polenta.

Don't know how close the recipe is to Cajun or Louisianna since I learned it from my Georgia nanny. Doesn't make any difference. It was nice and spicey and yummy! Besides, since I was using Italian sausage it seemed fitting to use the polenta <g>

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Tim Oppenheim" <timopp AT gmail.com>

Thanks Lynda on the mini-course. I have some experimenting to do this weekend.