homestead - Re: [Homestead] Grits-Polenta, OMG I am confused!<g>

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Grits-Polenta, OMG I am confused!<g>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 16:30:25 -0700

I don't remember the name of the town but I do remember her talking about being about an hour &1/2 from Atlanta and a couple of hours from her sister in NC. Do y'all have some Greek or Italian sounding cities?

I do remember most of the spices. I wasn't all that old but I would stand on a chair with an apron wrapped around me a couple of times and she'd spell out the things she put in that I didn't *think* I knew how to spell and I wrote most of them down.

Some are a hoot now, like "filly" for "file." <g> And some I still haven't figured out because they are phonetic for a very thick Georgia accent. <g>

Lynda

---- Original Message ----- From: "EarthNSky" <erthnsky AT gmail.com>

OMG, I am just up in arms over this<G>....
Lynda, I often sub various kinds of sausage..chorizo, Italian, even keilbasa could go into my Cajun dishes.
What part of Georgia was your nanny from? There are as many regional differences in this state as there are in Italy.