homestead - Re: [Homestead] Coal

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Coal
  • Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 16:34:43 -0800

Our dam and hydro are locally owned. The only thing that will do us in is if So. Cal figures a way to steal more water.

Now, there may be a war over that! A civil war may come about if the feds don't stop messing with the water!

Lynda
--"I'm fascinated by the hard line you're drawing over religion -- It gets
used too much, as an excuse, a fall guy, a weapon, a con. A lot of people,
maybe most, don't mean it except when it suits them." Dallas
----- Original Message ----- From: <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com>

True, but my posit still stands. If we shut down the coal generators, your
hydro would suddenly become so valuable that everyone in the country would
be bidding against you for it and you'd have to pull the plug anyway.

We have hydro here too, there is a hydro facility not 16 miles from here
(TVA South Holston Dam) but in our case (not so much in your case, but it's
still a factor) the electricity generated there goes into a pool and is used
by whomever happens to need it and buys it at the time.

Can't escape the effects of coal, although you might not be a sooty with it
as the rest of us, it's smoke waifs everywhere.

James