homestead - Re: [Homestead] Coal

  • From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Coal
  • Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 06:44:35 -0500

> Coal is plentiful here being near the Va coal fields. We keep a little of
> it every winter. A couple of lumps of coal in the big Franklin stove and
> you can add whatever fuel on top of that you like, damp, green, whatever
> and
> it burns completely.

It should be here, too, I'm on the east side of those coal fields. I've got
to go to Roanoke in a couple of weeks, maybe I can find some for sale there.
That is my thought exactly, a couple of lumps in the Franklin at night time.

> Anyone who thinks coal is to un-PC to use had better pull the breaker on
> their box and be done with it.

Right. If I heat with electric, someone is burning the coal for me.

Rob - Va