homestead - Re: [Homestead] Our digital trail - "Orwellian future"

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Our digital trail - "Orwellian future"
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 20:23:59 -0800 (PST)

--- On Sun, 11/30/08, Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com> wrote:

> > If you bought a bunch of sudafed, it would be noticed
> by the locals.
>
> THAT would be noticed, but as you say, at the local (like
> drugstore clerk)
> level.

Missouri has a state registry for sudafed buyers. Was a paper record at
store but available to law inforcement. Then they realized (decided?) that
people were crossing state lines to buy so it is now a statewide electronic
record. This applies to our local mom pop pharmacy as well as Walgreens.
Van Dell