homestead - Re: [Homestead] The 'Bigfoot' story

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The 'Bigfoot' story
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 21:51:43 -0600

On Dec 6, 2007 1:23 PM, Lynda <lurine AT softcom.net> wrote:
> Guess I'm weird <g> (No comments necessary) but I'd call them interesting.
> Particularly since there have never been any stories of attacks. Guess I
> have a severe case of curiosity!
>
> Wouldn't anyone else want to try to talk to them?

I'm quite sure Jane Goodall would.

Some months back I got a wild hair (or is that hare?) and spent some
time looking into what was known. My memory isn't what it was when I
was a young thing, but I remember that there were some credible
accounts of scary encounters (one that I remember involved a Bigfoot
trying to rip through a roof).

It's an interesting subject. The smarter a primate is, the more likely
it is to stay hidden. IIRC, gorillas were discovered about a hundred
years ago or so.

Marie