homestead - Re: [Homestead] Water

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Water
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 06:17:20 -0700

On Nov 28, 2007, at 7:27 AM, Lisa K.V. Perry wrote:

we lose power with more frequency than I would like, some
say on a regular basis.

I think the power line leading to Heartwood has a squirrel with a perilous morning routine. Most mornings between nine and ten the power stops then restarts. I visualize a squirrel jumping onto a branch that causes a line to kick a line fuse. It is most irritating to have one's computer shut down and restart, losing stuff. An uninterruptible power source restored serenity.

Maximum outage was years ago and lasted seven days. Fortunately for users it happened in the dead of winter. Not so nice for the linemen, but prompted innovative refrigeration. Neighbors drove down to the stream to haul water to flush their toilets rather than use alternative methods. Nothing funnier than people.